Last updated: 27 Oct 2018.
Table of Contents
- Privacy and Cookies Policy
- General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
- Any Questions?
We are Quality Nonsense Limited, a company registered in England and Wales with a company number of 05889123 and a registered office at 27 Mortimer Street, London W1T 3BL, the United Kingdom (hereafter the â€œQNLâ€, â€œweâ€ or â€œusâ€). We have a UK VAT number of 879480072.
The following information applies to all Quality Nonsense websites. These include, but are not limited to, the following:
These Terms set out the terms between you and us when you access any of our websites (“Websites“). These Terms apply to all users of, and visitors to, the Websites. Your use of the Websites means that you accept and agree to abide by these Terms and our Privacy and Cookies Policy which is deemed to form part of these Terms. These Terms take effect from the date of your first use of the Websites.
- Your use of the Websites
- You may not use the Websites:
- to send or post any harassing, defamatory, abusive, threatening, harmful, vulgar, obscene, or otherwise objectionable material;
- in any way that is fraudulent, false, deceptive, misleading, or deceitful, or has that purpose or effect;
- to interfere with any other person’s use or enjoyment of the Websites;
- to send or post any materials which contain viruses, trojan horses, worms, time-bombs, keystroke loggers, spyware, adware, or any other harmful programs or code design to adversely affect the operation of any computer software or hardware;
- to send or post any unsolicited or unauthorized advertising or promotional materials (e.g., spam);
- in any way that constitutes or encourages conduct that would be considered a criminal offense, give rise to civil liability, or otherwise be contrary to the law of or infringe the rights of any third party, in any country in the world; or
- in any way that infringes any patent, trademark, trade secret, copyright or other intellectual property or proprietary rights of any party, or content that you do not have a right to make available under any law or under contractual or fiduciary relationships.
- You may not deploy within our Websites any bot, spider, web crawler, or other automated query program at any time for any reason. We prohibit scraping, crawling, caching, or otherwise accessing any content on the Websites. The use of automated systems or software to extract data from the Websites for commercial purposes (“screen scraping”), is prohibited unless you have a written license agreement with QNL in which permits you to do so.
- Except in relation to reviews which you post any personally identifiable information (which is covered under our Privacy and Cookies Policy) any material you send or post to the Websites shall be considered neither confidential nor proprietary. We shall have no obligations with respect to such material and shall be free to host, display, and otherwise use such material for any purpose anywhere in the world.
- You may not use the Websites:
- Intellectual Property
- The Websites and their content (including all articles, photographs, images, text, fonts and designs) is owned by us and our licensors (unless indicated otherwise) and is protected by copyright, trademarks (both registered and unregistered), database rights, design rights and other intellectual property rights.
- You may view, retrieve, and display the content of the Websites on a computer screen or other device which connects to the internet or print one copy of such content for your own personal, non-commercial use, provided you;
- keep intact all and any copyright and proprietary notices; and
- do not otherwise reproduce, copy, distribute, resell, or otherwise use it for commercial purposes.
- If you wish to reproduce any of the content on our Websites commercially (including as part of any company website) please contact us using our feedback form. Permission to reproduce any of our content is at our sole discretion.
- Our Liability
- NOTHING IN THESE TERMS EXCLUDES OR LIMITS LIABILITY FOR: (A) DEATH OR PERSONAL INJURY CAUSED BY OUR NEGLIGENCE; (B) FRAUDULENT MISREPRESENTATION; OR (C) ANY OTHER LOSS OR DAMAGE FOR WHICH LIABILITY CANNOT BE LIMITED OR EXCLUDED BY LAW.
- Subject to clause 3.a, WE ARE NOT LIABLE FOR ANY LOSS OR DAMAGE INCLUDING DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, PUNITIVE, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, OR ANY LOSS OF PROFITS, REVENUE, DATA OR MANAGEMENT TIME ARISING OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH YOUR USE OF OUR WEBSITES.
- Subject to clause 3.a, the content of the Websites does not constitute professional advice or detailed guidance. While we try to ensure that content on our Websites is correct, reputable and of high quality, WE GIVE NO REPRESENTATION OR WARRANTY, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED IN RELATION TO THE CONTENT AND AS TO WHETHER THE CONTENT IS ACCURATE COMPLETE OR CURRENT. WE SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY RELIANCE PLACED ON ANY OF THE CONTENT ON OUR WEBSITES BY YOU OR ANY THIRD PARTY.
- The Websites contain reviews of hosting providers and other online services posted by users of the Websites. Views expressed in these reviews are the views of the reviewer and not QNL. Subject to Clause 3.a, WE ARE NOT LIABLE TO YOU FOR ANY ERROR OR INACCURACY CONTAINED WITHIN THE REVIEWS OR FOR ANY LOSS OF ANY KIND YOU SUFFER, INCLUDING TO YOUR REPUTATION, AS A RESULT OF THE REVIEWS.
- The Websites may contain links to other websites or material that are beyond our control. Subject to clause 3.a, WE ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR THE CONTENT ON ANY THIRD PARTY WEBSITE.
- The Websites may contain advertising and sponsorship. Advertisers and sponsors are responsible for ensuring that material submitted for inclusion on the Websites complies with applicable laws and industry codes of practice. Subject to clause 3.a, WE WILL NOT BE LIABLE TO YOU FOR ANY ERROR OR INACCURACY IN ADVERTISING AND SPONSORSHIP MATERIALS OR FOR ANY LOSS OF ANY KIND WHICH YOU SUFFER AS A RESULT OF SUCH ADVERTISING OR SPONSORSHIP.
- You acknowledge that the above exclusions and limitation of liability are reasonable given that the Websites merely display information and reviews in relation to third party products and services.
- Availability of the Websites: We make no promise that the Websites will meet your requirements. We cannot guarantee that the Websites will be fault-free. If a fault occurs with one of the Websites you should report it using our feedback form and we will attempt to correct the fault as soon as we reasonably can. Your access to the Websites may be occasionally restricted to allow for repairs, maintenance, or the introduction of new facilities or services. We will attempt to restore the Websites as soon as we reasonably can.
- On some of our Websites, we offer a promotion whereby you may submit reviews of specified web hosting companies for publication. Reviewers whose reviews appear on the applicable website may be eligible to receive a specified gift (the “Prize”) subject to this clause 5. For the purposes of this clause 5, people who submit reviews are called “Reviewers.”
- We, at our sole discretion, determine whether reviews provided by Reviewers qualify for publication on the applicable website. Our judgment is final and no correspondence will be entered in to in respect of the publication of reviews. Only reviews of selected web hosting companies qualify for the promotion. A list of web hosting companies eligible for review in a promotion is published on the applicable website (e.g., WhoIsHostingThis.com);
- The current Prize is a Domain.com gift voucher which entitles its holder to claim a domain name. A Domain.com voucher code will be sent by email to Reviewers whose reviews are published in the calendar month following publication. For example, a qualifying review published in May 2018 would receive a gift voucher by the end of June 2018. Any queries regarding the gift vouchers should be directed to us using the feedback form for the applicable website.
- By submitting a review, Reviewers promise that:
- their review represents their genuine, independent view and is not motivated by a desire to damage or enhance the reputation of the subject of the review;
- their review is not submitted in consideration for money or money’s worth from a third party;
- their review is entirely the original work of the Reviewer and is not copied from any other source or otherwise published all or part of the review elsewhere; and
- By providing the review the Reviewer hereby grants QNL a perpetual, exclusive, irrevocable, royalty-free, license to host, display, and otherwise use the review for any purpose anywhere in the world.
- Only one Prize may be claimed per household.
- For the avoidance of doubt, we may at our sole discretion for any reason and at any time:
- reject any review for publication;
- remove any review from the applicable website;
- substitute the Prize for an alternate of equivalent value; and
- withdraw any offer made in relation to this promotion and bring this promotion to an end.
- General Terms
- We may update these Terms from time to time for legal or regulatory reasons or to allow the proper operation of our Websites. We will notify website visitors of any changes via a suitable announcement on the Websites, which will link to this document. The changes will apply to the use of the Websites after we have given notice. If you do not wish to accept the new Terms you should not continue to use the Websites. If you continue to use the Websites after the date on which the change comes into effect, your use of the Websites indicates your agreement to be bound by the new Terms.
- You may not assign any of your rights or transfer any of your obligations under these Terms to any other person.
- If we decide not to exercise or enforce any right that we have against you at a particular time, this does not prevent us from later deciding to exercise or enforce that right.
- We shall not be responsible for any breach of these Terms caused by circumstances beyond our reasonable control.
- Law and Jurisdiction
- These Terms and any dispute arising out of or in connection with these Terms and your use of the Websites shall be subject to the laws of England and Wales. We will try to solve any disagreements quickly and efficiently. If you are not happy with the way we deal with any disagreement and you want to commence court proceedings, you must do so in the courts of England and Wales.
- We make no promise that materials on the Websites are appropriate or available for use in locations outside the United Kingdom, and accessing the Websites from territories where its contents are illegal or unlawful is prohibited. If you choose to access any of our Websites from locations outside the United Kingdom, you do so on your own initiative and are responsible for compliance with local laws.
Privacy and Cookies Policy
This Policy describes the ways in which QNL collects and uses information about you when you use any of our websites (“Website”).
QNL may change this Policy at any time in which case we shall notify you of any changes to this Policy by noting this on the Websites. The changes will apply to your use of the Websites after we have given notice. If you do not wish to accept the new Policy you should not continue to use the Websites. If you continue to use the Websites after the date on which the change comes into effect, your use of the Websites indicates your agreement to be bound by the new Policy.
- ICO registration: For the purposes of data protection legislation, QNL is the controller for the processing of your personal data. QNL has notified the Information Commissioner’s Office (“ICO”) of its processing of personal data. The notification indicates what data is processed by QNL and for what purpose, and to which persons or entities the data will be provided. Click here to consult the notification in the public register of the ICO. QNL’s registration number is Z1052643.
- Information which is collected when you use the Websites: QNL may collect the following information from you when you use the Websites:
- any information which you enter into one of our Websites when you sign-up to our newsletter (specifically your name and e-mail address), submit any user-generated content (i.e., the information you submit to us when submitting such content), or participate in any chat session;
- any technical information which we collect from you when you sign up to our newsletter, specifically the web browser that you are using, including its version number, as well as certain location data â€“ namely your country, city, time zone and approximate latitude and longitude of your location;
- if you sign in to your Account using a social network (such as Twitter or Facebook), we may be able to access certain information about you through that social network that you have agreed to make available; for example on Facebook, your Facebook ID, information relating to your friends, profile picture, gender, language, geo-location or the device you are using. You can change what information we access by changing your privacy features on your social networks; and
- certain data that we obtain via FullContact.com which compiles various publicly available data about you into one dataset for our review and use.
- How the information collected about you when you download and use the Websites is used: The information about you described in Clause II may be used by QNL as follows:
- the information in II.a and II.b is used to provide the newsletter that you have requested to you or, in the case of any user-generated content, for us to display such user-generated content on the Websites together with e.g., your name showing you as the author of such review, or, in the case of the chat service, to answer your query made via such chat service;
- the information in II.c enables QNL to undertake administration tasks in relation to the management of the Website, to provide technical support and troubleshooting, and to tweak, tune, and facilitate the improvement of the Website;
- the information in II.d and II.e enables QNL to compile a more comprehensive picture of the Website users and to be able to best serve users of the Website in doing so;
- your e-mail address may be used to (subject to you having provided your express consent when registering or us otherwise being permitted to do so via applicable data protection and direct marketing legislation) send e-newsletters relating to our latest developments and events, links to content that we think you will like, promotional offers, discounts and loyalty rewards;
- all of the information in Clause II may be used by us to suggest appropriate Facebook groups or other community groups that you might be interested in, you are able to opt-out of such personalized advertising at any time by clicking here and following the instructions;
- all of the information in Clause II is used to retarget adverts such as Google advertisements or Facebook advertisements appropriately, you are able to opt-out of such personalized advertising at any time by clicking here or the link above and following the instructions;
- all of the information in Clause II is used to audit IP addresses and user behavior in order to prevent abuse; and
- all of the information set out in Clause II is shared with third parties as described in Clause V below.
- Ground for processing: QNL relies on the legitimate interests processing ground to collect the information set out in Clause II, with the exception of that information set out in II.a for which QNL relies on consent (as it is your choice whether to ask for a newsletter, participate in a chat and/or submit any user-generated content). It is in QNL’s legitimate interests to collect such items of personal data listed in II.b to II.e above because this is necessary in order to provide and improve the services that it offers to you and to make the Websites profitable commercial offerings. The items of personal data collected are, in being limited to “business card” type data, not of a nature whereby your rights and freedoms as a data subject are outweighed by such data collection.
- Sharing information with third parties: QNL shall not pass your information to any third party (other than as described in this clause). Your information may, subject to QNL’s obligations to comply with applicable data protection legislation, be shared with the following third parties:
- various affiliate partners;
- QNL’s advertising partners such as Google Adsense and Amazon Associates;
- QNL’s hosting providers â€” Linode and Amazon AWS;
- QNL’s analytics partners such as Google, HotJar, and VWO;
- QNL’s support solutions providers such as The Chat Shop, LiveChat, Inc., and HelpScout;
- QNL’s e-mail marketing provider, Aweber which processes the Newsletter Data;
- other ancillary social media and other tools such as Facebook, Twitter, MaxMind, and Fullcontact.com;
- QNL’s back-up provider;
- other providers for QNL’s internal processing (such as Google G-Suite), lead generation services, payment processing services, content delivery services, and its survey/quiz provider;
- having taken precautions to maintain the security of such information, QNL may share this information with its regulator (the ICO);
- in anonymized form, QNL may share the information with:
- any third party, in relation to the sale of some or all QNL’s business, or its assets, or as part of any business restructuring or reorganization. QNL will take steps with the aim of ensuring that your rights continue to be protected if your personal data is transferred in accordance with this clause;
- data aggregators and platform providers as part of an analysis of user metrics or sales performance; or
- law enforcement agencies in compliance with law enforcement.
- Links to third party websites and third party adverts: QNL is not responsible for the privacy policies and practices of other sites even if you access them via the Website. You should check the policy of each site you visit and contact its owner or operator if you have any concerns or questions. In addition, if you link to your Account from a third party site or via a social network, QNL is not responsible for the privacy policies and practices of the owners or operators of that third party site and recommends that you check the policy of that third party site and contact its owner or operator if you have any concerns or questions.
- Security: QNL has implemented technology and policies to safeguard your privacy from unauthorized access and improper use. You may also change your account settings on your social networks to prevent both us and third parties seeing information in relation to you.
- Storage and Data Retention: We retain your personal data as follows: (1) the information you submit to obtain a newsletter is suppressed as soon as you choose to unsubscribe to such newsletter; (2) the information you submit as user-generated content is deleted as soon as you object to such user-generated content being continued to be used by us; (3) the information you submit to participate in a chat is deleted once the purpose for you providing such information has completed and no later than 13 months after you have participated in such chat; and (4) the other information in II.b to II.e will be retained indefinitely because it is not highly sensitive personal data and, in fact, much of the information is non-personally identifiable information and is required for historical reasons to improve the overall user experience. We store all of the information collected on our servers or those of third parties. Where we store your personal data outside the EEA we take steps to ensure that such transfers of your personal data are adequate in accordance with applicable data protection legislation.
- Disabling Cookies: The use of the cookies described above improves the functionality of the Websites and your experience of using them. If you do not want these cookies to be served on your device, you are able to disable them by changing the settings on your device. Please note that if you do decide to disable cookies you may not be able to access some parts of the Websites, and some of the features of the Websites may not function properly. By continuing to use the Websites, including using social networking media functionality, you consent to the relevant cookies being set on your device. You can change your browser settings by clicking the appropriate link as follows: Firefox, Chrome, Internet Explorer, and/or Safari.
- More information: To find out more about how cookies work, how to manage and delete them and to see which ones have been set please visit www.aboutcookies.org or www.allaboutcookies.org.
- Exercising your rights: You can contact us using the details set out in Clause 11 below if you wish to: (1) access a copy of the personal data that we hold about you; (2) correct any items of personal data that we hold about you; and/or (3) have any items of personal data that we hold about you erased or object to our processing of such items of personal data. In relation to any user-generated content submitted, whilst QNL will actively moderate its reviews, if at any time you would like such content removed, please complete this form.
General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
If at any time you would like to contact us about your views or any inquiry relating to any of the issues discussed above or Quality Nonsense Limited more generally, you can do so by using our feedback form or write to us at “Data Protection Query, Quality Nonsense Limited, 27 Mortimer Street, London W1T 3BL.” You may also submit a complaint to our supervisory authority at any time.