PubCon Drinking Game
Seriously, $240 for an afternoon’s internet access?
Dear reader, I write from San Francisco airport, where SFO business centre bills at $40/hour. I’m in the wrong racket.
But I’ve got a blog post to write pronto in response to CK’s ultimate PubCon 2007 roundup, and before I head to Yosemite for the weekend.
It’s no secret that most webmaster conferences are *cough* a little boozy. Plus they must hold PubCon in Vegas for a reason, right?
So forget my usual distaste for SEO biz tittle tattle. Here, in all its glory, is the one, the only PubCon drinking game.
Take one sip each time…
- Matt Cutts mentions ‘quality content’
- Urban myth sighting of Quadszilla
- Barry Schwartz spotted live-blogging
- Vanessa Fox uses the word ‘awesomeness’
- Greg Boser advocates a complex use of 301 redirects
- Rand Fishkin wears
yellow shoesa suit
- Andy Hagans is referred to as Mr Linkbait
- Bill Slawski is called Mr Patent
- Danny Sullivan is dubbed “The Nicest Man in Search”
- Evil Green Monkey suggests ‘one more beer’
- Digg users are dissed as socially-awkward virgins
- An Ask.com rep looks unloved on the ‘Meet the Engines’ panel
- Bluechip SEO admits spending $30k/mo on paid links during a site clinic
- Any blackhat claims to go clean within earshot of a Google rep
- Jim Boykin mentions below-the-radar paid links
See you in Vegas!